Monday 30 March 2015

Damnit Nathan!

Alison hates PR and then Nathan teaches us PR, therefore Alison must hate Nathan.
I learned from Andrew that I should give my editor what they want, when they want and how they want.
I learned that Cheryl's daughter is crazy about mermaids.
I learned that submitting a hundred stories to Kathy doesn't piss her off, it only makes her happy.
Sal is a grammar buff.
Joyce has personal connections with Oliver Stone and that is why we must read his book.
Eva is a babe! I can't believe that lady has a teenage daughter!
Denni's husband is half First Nation and they do so much cool stuff together.
Kevin is a lifelong learner, just like I will be.
Ariel taught us nothing...seriously, that course taught me nothing, except for how to make a gif, even though I don't know how to pronounce it, still.
Nathan's voice cracks when he's excited.
Meredith taught me the 10-second rule of writing a good lede.
Leslie has a very cool head on those shoulders.

But seriously, I learned that new writing is NOTHING like fiction writing, and I got into this field for the love of writing and not for the money. And that is what will keep me going despite whatever comes my way. I will take courage from all the experience and skill my wonderful teachers have given me and do this my way, no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment